Spoiler Alert: Only proceed after reading the first 6 parts of this series, else you would be reading the end first and miss out on the build up.
Some important updates since 2009:
- Lola Esan is now a partner at EY. All the speakers are now at the pinnacle of their careers. Please check them out: Omorinsola Ashiru, Dr Nduka Okoisor, Demola Ojo, Emeka Dibia.
- Sylvester Aigbogun, runs a successful graphics design firm. Tunde Aguda runs multiple businesses. He still designs websites and so much more.
- Peter Adetunji, my personal person. Helping me solve problems since 2009. Nothing has changed. He’s still my go to person for research; a walking encyclopedia. He’s doing very well in his career.
- Lanre Yusuf became my first full time staff. He resumed work, the Monday after the seminar. He’s doing very well in his career, now in the UK as a Learning and Development expert.
- Michael is my husband. Lol. We got married in October of the following year. He remains my number 1 fan and supporter. When I count my blessings, I count him twice. We have 2 beautiful children. He hasn’t changed. A few days ago he asked me, ‘When are you free to fast?’ ‘For what?’ I enquired. ‘For this year’s Bootcamp. We haven’t prayed about it,’ he retorted. I sighed.
- My dad. My guaranteed ticket sold. My lender of last resort. Whenever I go to my bedroom in my dad’s house, the memories of the first HR Bootcamp flood back. I would set up the the first Kendor office in a room downstairs. Daddy passed in 2020. I miss him every day😢.
- The HR Bootcamp Seminar has since birthed several products that have impacted thousands of HR professionals. These include, our flagship 3 day HR Bootcamp training, the 3 month HR Bootcamp Accelerator and customised HR Bootcamps for HR teams of organisations. The HR Bootcamp Seminar evolved to become the HR Bootcamp Conference in 2017 and a registered trademark in 2019.
- Me, Ekene Adora Ikwuemesi, I remain a lifelong learner. Never taking life for granted. Humbled over and over again by life’s harsh lessons, but blessed by human angels; staff, speakers, clients and partners. I am not there yet…far from it. But everyday, I push through the anguish and the challenges. I am grateful for the privilege of the journey.
If you were inspired by anything at all in this series of posts. I pray that God gives you the grace to find your own path and when you receive that grace, the courage to act on it. I say courage because from my experience, the fear never leaves you. There will never be a time where you will have all your ducks in a row or that the timing will be perfect to launch.
You just have to trust the process and do it afraid, not once, but every time.
I wish you the very best in your endeavours.
Adora Ikwuemesi, October 24, 2022.
PSS: To learn more about the HR Bootcamp Conference visit https://lnkd.in/ddja_Fzx